Wednesday, July 9, 2008

One week to go...

In preparation for greeting the Lease Committee, Chloe gets a little trim around her face. She wants to be able to look them in the eye without impairment from her big poofy hat.



The lease committee meets one week from today and will potentially make a decision on whether or not they feel that I am within my rights to keep my 3 pet chickens on my leasehold. They have been invited to visit my garden next Monday. It will be interesting to see how many come. I've only heard from one since the invitation went out two days ago. There are nine members. My father has invited them to view the blog twice since July 1. We haven't heard a peep out of them.

However, since July 2 when I began tracking the blog - there have been 1151 visits from 17 countries.

This issue will not go away and just because I trim their "hair" doesn't mean I should be the only one in town who gets to have chickens. We all have the right, if we desire, to keep pets than are no more intrusive than dogs and cats. My cat doesn't lay eggs. Does your dog?

1 comment:

Emily Cole said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how the lease committee meeting goes. Good luck!