Saturday, July 5, 2008

3rd of July

With apologies to vegetarians - our point on the 2nd sign is that my chickens are not livestock as prohibited in my lease .
We decided to be in the parade. Many people had expressed interest. We set up a time to meet & make costumes, signs, banners, whatever. I sent out an email inviting anyone who might be interested.

The thing about parades is - if you've been in more than two - you know it's generally more fun to watch than participate.

The replies to my email rolled in. "YES! You should be in the parade... no, sorry - I've got friends, relatives, no one, in town and can't join you, but it's a great idea & we'll be cheering you on!!"

I don't blame them, I really didn't want to be in the parade either.

However - my family, dutiful as ever, and a great deal of fun - along with a life long family friend and an almost headmaster who went to college with my brother - spent Thursday evening on my porch creating signs out of recycled materials and glitter and recycled glitter.

No comments: