Thursday, July 24, 2008

You know what I'd REALLY like???...

PEACOCKS!!! beautiful, elegant, graceful birds
Peafowl are not livestock and not prohibited in my lease. They are about the most spectacular bird you will ever see. However, not only are they not proportionally right for my yard (I'd need a much larger, grander place), but they are quite loud - especially during mating season. And while I wouldn't mind the call of a large bird - I understand that many would. Nevertheless, just imaging for a moment - peacocks in the quadrangle...

These pictures, incidentally, were taken at a motel outside of Apalachicola, FL owned by the sweet German mother of a Sewanee graduate. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34194-d1023974-r14473601-Sportsman_s_Lodge_Motel_Marina-Eastpoint_Florida.html

Remember those two emu who wandered the campus about ten years ago?

No comments: